Monday, April 27, 2009

Library Thing

Around last Christmas, after seeing a couple of comments scattered elsewhere, I decide trying to catalog my personal library using Library Thing. Over half my personal library is still in storage in Nebraska, but I thought I'd try the site out on what I have with me. One of my favorite parts is the recommendations for other books, based on what I have. I've already read enough of those that I like those recommendations. I'm always on the lookout for new books that somewhat fit the taste of the ones I have.

Also, I find that there are some great books that I've read that don't fit in my current preferences, and I'd like to know more like those, so I can broaden my reading. My current library is rather modest (72 not counting the computer and technical works, which I've set aside for now, or the ones I know I left in storage), but there are a great many more that I have and have read, and would perhaps like to get and even reread if I had the room and the money.

I'm getting a bit tired of rereading the same books, and I'd like to branch out and try some more. And maybe I'm showing off a little, and maybe I'm not going to feel guilty about it, since I don't even have to be the greatest reader in the world. One of the top ten thousand in the country will do.

No comments: